The old year is gone and the new year is in with many goals that have come along with it. I along with almost everyone I know have made some goals and we are all hoping that we can remember and keep them. Well I have decided to share my short term goals and then at the beginning of each month I will update everyone on how I'm doing. I figured this would be the most effective way for me to keep in mind my goals!
GOAL 1: Train for and run a 1/2 Marathon. I am thinking I'll run the Mesa Falls Half and it takes place in September...I am so out of shape though so I am starting my training this week. Hopefully I don't hurt my ankle again like I did last Monday! This is from Mesa Falls, beautiful!
GOAL 2: Read 3 books I have never read before. After setting this goal a week and a half ago I realized I could probably make it one new book a month. Anyway I have read one. I read "One Mission Man". It is the WWII account of my great uncle David Ririe and his experiences as a POW in a German camp. I love history and so it was fascinating to read about history that hits so close to "home".
GOAL 3: Learn 3 songs from the primary children song book. My first one I'm working on is Book of Mormon stories. The reason, it's Ellie's favorite. She does the actions and sings! It's pretty fun to have her growing up! The next one I'll learn will be Popcorn popping because she also loves that one and it seems like one that I could get with practice.
GOAL 4: Practice my violin once a month. I say I play the violin but I never really do. If I practice once a month I may feel better about claiming this talent, AND I might even improve. I mean I know that once a month isn't often at all but it's a step in the right direction and I definitely think that it is a good talent to have. Hopefully I'll get to play in church too!
GOAL 5: LOL! I was doing so good at remembering what I had said over a week ago...and I can't remember my 5th one! At least my last short term goal! So as my sister-in-law said, after being pregnant in 2009, 2010, and 2011, my new years resolution is; don't be pregnant in 2012. That will give me time to work hard to get my pregnancy weight off, practice and perfect good eating habits for my body, and do a half marathon as well at 10 miles in a relay for a 40 mile race. Oh and time for my girls to both be in nursery before I get pregnant again!
Hopefully I can remember that I have done this and if not I guess you'll have to just ask how I'm doing. In other news, Adam started school again and is also training to run with his brother Chad in a 100 mile race he has coming up. His hope is to be prepared enough for his 33 miles of it that he doesn't slow his brother down! Anyway, he and I have both started running but we run at different times! Anyway, because he's doing all this he is gone from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. It makes for a long hard day but I think it's better than him coming home and being "here" but not really. Makes it harder on me because I kind of expect his help when he's here but if he's doing homework I can't expect it so I think in some ways I'll like this arrangement. He rented a locker on campus and will take his clothes and all his toiletries and shower and eat breakfast and lunch at school. Just glad that he works from 5 to 8 this semester instead of from 8 to 11!!






You have awesome goals! Thanks for sharing! And I'm training for a half too! I'm excited. I think anyone can do a half with good training but it's totally a mind thing. You will be awesome at it. These were fun to read. And just to make sure you said it right...Adam will run 100 miles or bike? And is it a relay? Your kiddies are the cutest and Ellie is growing up! Crazy!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Adam is actually just running 33 with his brother. And his brother is doing the full 100 miles. They both are growing up so fast! Rose is SOOO close to crawling and Ellie has been so fun this year! I am excited to see what this year brings for us!
ReplyDelete