Sunday, January 2, 2011

 
                                                                                                                                                                     So Ellie has been practicing her walking! And it's been really cute...the thing is that this morning she just realized that she can walk great just pushing a toy that Adam's mom Terri got her for her birthday. The problem is that it doesn't really turn and so she doesn't either and so her walking ends up being a lot shorter than she wanted or planned but she looks pretty confident and happy getting around the house like this. I think she really does want to walk but is still being very cautious about it. But it shouldn't be long now... So I hope this video works! Because it's the only one that we have right now. 

Last night we got back from Montana and we had some fun times up there. We found out that Ellie loves dogs, she is becoming more willing to share, for example, the other day I was giving her Cheerio's in the car and was eating one everyone so often and she caught me one time and then after that instead of eating the Cheerio's that I gave her, she would take one and then try and feed it to me. She also was very willing to share the food she didn't want with the dogs. 
She wants to walk all the time and so she will decide that whoever is holding her is going to be the one to help her walk around although she is confident enough that she can basically do it herself. She treats almost everything like a phone and says *beep beep beep* like she is dialing a phone and then holds it to her ear and says he-yo or hello. So CUTE! She tries to get Adam's attention a lot by saying dada and then waiting about 3 or 4 seconds and then saying it again. She does say Mama, but for some reason I am always already paying attention before she says it so I guess it's about being the center of attention for both parents. We found out that Ellie LOVES fruits but especially pears. 

Adam and I also had some time to enjoy each other. We went cross country skiing and I realized how out of shape and pregnant that I am. I think I fell down 3 or 4 times and it was really hard to get back up because I'm starting to have a little baby/belly that was getting in the way. But it was very enjoyable! 

We also we lucky to be in the area when Chelsea Trunnell had her wedding reception and so we went to that. It was fun to see lots of the people who came to our reception and who I am still somewhat getting to know. Adam, of course, knew almost everyone but that made it more enjoyable for him because I have found that he is rather shy in a big group. But there is nothing wrong with that!\
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you found me on here! Glad we can be blog buddies now :) And yay, She's walking! That's so exciting. She is so adorable. Yeah...it's crazy to be done with school! And YES I've been job hunting the past few months but have been a little unsuccessful. So I actually might take a few classes and work part-time to fill the spaces. We'll see :)

    ReplyDelete