I have been considering changing my blog for each holiday that comes up, but like a teacher I would need to be very diligent in keeping up and I'm not sure if I am up for that. As a confession I still have my Christmas decorations up. I guess that would tell you how diligent I am at things like that. I guess my reason for not keeping up with my house is that I was tired of trying to keep up with the unexpressed expectations during student teaching. Well I decided that I wanted to try it out so here is my ode to Valentine's Day.
361 other days of the year, you get up and go about your daily routine not expecting something spectacular, but this is one of those days where, you are supposed to do something special for your significant other. The first day you do this is their birthday. Please don't forget it, they may try to find another significant other...or purposely forget yours. The next is your anniversary, this could be rated just as important as birthday and to some people even more important. Then there is Christmas. Surprisingly, no matter how old we get we still somewhat expect the people we love to do something special for us on Christmas. And then there is Valentine's Day, for married people the cute thing may just be some flowers or a box of chocolates and saying I love you, where as when you are dating or engaged this holiday can be as important as your anniversary.
Why is it that we put so much expectation on one day. Can't we show we appreciate the ones we love a little every day. We can resort to trying to buy their love through these things, but true love takes effort, it takes time and it takes a willingness to work together. Every day is the day that we need to show true love, and work to build that relationship that started in the little infatuations of cutsie, romantic evenings started. Perhaps while preparing for your romantic evening you will work to build a relationship of true love.
Anyway back to reality! Ellie has been super clingy and it has been driving me up a wall. I'm thinking she's getting quite a few new teeth in, but it only appears that way and with the way her teeth are...who knows if she'll have anymore by the time she is 2! Baby#2 is moving a lot and I'm thinking it's starting to get a little less roomy in there! Anyway, should probably do something for food so that Adam can eat before he goes to work! We'll need to go grocery shopping tomorrow for sure! Almost completely out of everything. I think I'll make a menu for the next 2 weeks maybe 3 and then get everything that I will need. It'll be cheaper I think than going 3 or 4 times a week!
You are so cute!
ReplyDeleteSecret to tell you...I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO maybe hungry already! Linc is growing up to fast and it doesn't help! Oh well we are not going to try again until like almost another year. I better keep it in check! But I say this because you are not helping the problem! Lol!