Saturday, July 30, 2011

Rexburg, ID
Muscatine, IA
So the last week has been crazy and fun! Last Thursday my family arrived after and 21-23 hour drive from Iowa to Idaho! The picture on the left is Muscatine, IA. So from a beautiful town that sits right next to the Mississippi River and is naturally green rather than sprinkler kept green, to Rexburg, ID where it is SUPER dry and not naturally green. The picture on the right is from Rexburg. A little bit of a difference! Then we all drove down to Brian Head, UT for a family reunion which was my Dad's side of the family. It was super fun!! We had quite a large group at the reunion and were given lots of options for things to do like horseback riding, ziplining, and rock wall climbing.
View from Summit Chateau Lodge where we stayed.
 Of course with two tiny ones those things were hard to enjoy. I don't think Adam and I did either of them even though as the "newlyweds" we won a free zip line ride.:) But Adam did go golfing with my Dad and brothers in the rain in Cedar City and really enjoyed that and my mom, my Aunt Ellen, cousins Melanie and Harmony, and sister-in-law Becca Fillmore went on a Mom outing that afternoon to Parowan which was the part of the reunion that I enjoyed the most! We went to a museum that is in the first church built in Parowan and is funded by the club Daughters of the Utah Pioneers. It was a pretty cool museum! And we had a good time together just having a few minutes away from all the kiddos! Anyway the night before and after we stayed with Brooke and Chad, Adam's brother and his wife. Ellie and Addison had quite a bit of fun playing together but it took a little while for Ellie to get used to Eli. But once she did, they had a lot of fun together too! On Wednesday we went to a free show at SUU that was put on by their annual Shakespeare Festival and Ellie was having so much fun. I don't think I have ever seen her enjoy anything THAT much! It was really cute to watch her! Anyway, our drive home turned out good and we made it in good time. But we are so glad to be home and I think Adam is happy to be making money rather than spending it! Anyway, hopefully I can find our camera so I can start posting more pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment