Friday, July 1, 2011

For our Freedom

In a few days we celebrate the birth of our country. We have been so blessed to have the freedoms we have and should be very thankful to those who are willing to fight to allow us to keep those freedoms! I think that this holiday is one of my favorites! It is a warm, have fun in the sun holiday with fireworks when the sun goes down. It's not like New Years where you are freezing when you set off the fireworks. I love how red, white, and blue look together and enjoy making crafts for the holiday. Maybe I should make a Fourth of July quilt someday to watch the fireworks on! Anyway, enough of that :) About our families happenings. 
   Ellie seems SO much older now that Rosalee is here. She is really fun to play with and is really good at doing the actions to songs like, the itsy bitsy spider and the wheels on the bus. She got her first skinned knee yesterday while we were at the park playing, she is getting tougher because she only cried for a second and then she wanted to play again. I also bought her a swim suit for the summer. It was in the little girls section...NOT the baby section! She's growing up SO FAST!!
   Rosalee is getting pretty big too! She is one month old today and I plan to take a picture of her when she isn't crying! :) She sometimes forgets which muscle she uses to poop and so she has trouble getting it out but other than that she is a great baby and I think she looks a ton like Ellie, but that's just me you know! Most people have been saying she looks like Adam but Ellie is looking just like I did when I was her age...so I'm thinking that Rosalee will end up looking like me. 
   Adam is in school this semester and has about 3 weeks left. He has also been working 2 jobs and so time with him is limited and precious! He works for the school doing carpet cleaning and setting up and taking down events in one of the buildings, and he also is working at Eagle Rock Nursery where he has worked 2 or 3 summers before. They called and asked him to work. At first he said no but it has been nice to have a little extra income.
   I am loving being a stay at home mom. This recovery hasn't gone as quickly as I would have liked but I am happy to say that it has happened and I am feeling GREAT! I have really enjoyed taking the girls on walks! Anyway, my job as a mother is calling me now as Rosalee is struggling with something! So until later I guess! 

No comments:

Post a Comment