Tuesday, May 11, 2010

School, School, School...

Three weeks into my senior practicum and I am realizing how really blessed I have been. I have the teacher that just got hired a week before school started. She placed us in local schools and mine is about 7 to 8 minutes from the apartment. Then the day before we started the district had a school board meeting where they voted on whether to have a hard lock down of the district schools on the 27th of May. They voted that they would. This means no summer school which leads me to only have 7 more times of actually being in the schools. That means that precious little Ellie will have her mother's attention more easily and that it will be worth it! Then I have until August to store up milk for when I start student teaching and that will be from August until just before Thanksgiving and I don't have my placement yet but I will soon and I am excited to find out where it will be. Hopefully close! But at a place that is hiring not firing. And those places are really hard to find these days! Anyway, I am in a fourth grade class for this and it is interesting because I am enjoying it but I think I still prefer the children when they are at the Kindergarten age. There is an innocence about them that they lose by the time they get to fourth grade. Anyway here when they get to fifth grade they move the the middle school so K-4 is Elementary, 5-7 is middle school, 8 and 9 are Jr. High, and 10-12 is High School. I think it is crazy to switch that many times. I mean I moved a lot so it wouldn't have made a difference for me, but for someone who has lived in the same town their whole life it could make 5th grade, 8th grade, and 10th grade really stressful rather than just having 6th and 9th grade be stressful. That is just my point of view...but i guess it works for them! Anyway in the fourth grade class they are doing a Idaho History Program and they asked me to fiddle for it! Good reason to practice so I better dust of my violin that doesn't get played as much as it should and get practicing because it's on the 20th! That's all for now. I'll try to get a picture of the school soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment