Saturday, January 16, 2010

.. Changes..

Ellie is teething, at least that's what I think is happening. She has been extra fussy in the last few weeks and her hands end up in her mouth, along with the fact that she has been drooling and she normally doesn't and her gums are hard. I think those are pretty good indications of her teething. Her gums have usually been soft and so the only thing that I can think of that would make them hard would be that her teeth are coming in. It is a little early from what I can tell but very possible. I am not too thrilled about the prospect of nursing a baby that has teeth, but there isn't really anything that I can do about it.


Other than teething she is developing great, she giggles at me sometimes and she talks quite often her new thing is to get her motor running in her mouth and she loves music and to listen to whistling. For Christmas she got a carseat toy that is a bird that makes bird noises when you squeeze the middle and she is fascinated by it! It's fun to see how she grows every day and she is a lot more alert and aware. I think that she is starting into the clingy stage that happens when they realize that other people aren't mom and dad. Hopefully we can keep her feeling secure so that she isn't clingy as a toddler too. Anyway, that's our deal with her.


Other than that, Adam's birthday was on Wednesday and mine is next Saturday. With the exception of 10 days in a year we are always the same age. Right now we are in the middle of those 10 days! School is going well for both of us although I think that some of Adam's political science classes make him arguementative and so we often have meaningless arguements because Adam just feels like taking the other point of view. Even if he doesn't believe it. But I still love him! I am in my second to last semester of actual classes. In the fall I will be student teaching and I am looking forward to it! After I am done student teaching I am not sure what I will do because I really would like to stay at home and raise my children but I also don't think it's the best idea to just let Adam do everything. We will see what happens! It is amazing how fast time flies and how fast children grow! Love every minute of life! If you don't you are letting someone else decide your emotions and how your life is. You wouldn't want that would you?

                                                            

2 comments:

  1. Courtney and Adam, I miss you! I hope that one day I will be able to meet Ellie! Sounds like life is moving right along for you and that is wonderful. Keep in touch and good luck with the teething and clingy stages. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it seems so hard in the moment, but this stage passes quickly. Good luck on your classes, you are so close to being done!

    ReplyDelete