Friday morning, Terri, Chad and Adam went for a bike ride in the morning and that took up the morning so in the afternoon we went to City Beach and we played in the sand and water. We went to lunch at 2:30 with Paul and Laura and then went out to Suzie Miller's house for a pasta feed in preparation for the Long Bridge Swim the next morning. Terri and I participated while Adam was in a kayak to help with safety. We met at the high school where we found out that there were approximately 900 people swimming and then we were bussed over to the start. I rode over with Terri and Curtis, and Julie Hunt. I didn't get a picture of the bridge but I wish I would have. We started on the south side of the bridge and then swam alongside of it. The swim is 1.76 miles. I am not a huge open water swimmer and often have a hard time getting used to the cold water and that was the part I was most nervous about. But I got all the way into the water before the start and treaded water for a few minutes allowing me to warm up.
Once swimming I realized how choppy the water really was. There were a few times that I would come up for a breath and the water would splash right into my face. I think there were a few boats that missed the memo also and came rather close to where people were swimming. I finished at about an hour and twenty minutes. Terri came in at 1:33. It was fun and I would totally doing it again looking back but during the race I was thinking...I am totally crazy. Was I even thinking when I signed up?! Haha, all-in-all a wonderful weekend and it was so much prettier up there than here in Rexburg. SO much more green! We had fun!
She looks like she's out in open water!
You beat me to it! Love your pictures. We miss it already :(
ReplyDeleteYou girls sure are beautiful... hope all is well with you and your beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteDude..I got rid of my blog updater notifyer and have missed all your posts! I need to catch up! I love these pics on this one!! Looks like fun!
ReplyDeletenfl jerseys cheapHappy family, lovely children, best wishes,
ReplyDelete