It has been a LONG two days!! I am tired from the pre-labor, labor and delivery of my second daughter! She was born today at 11:54 A.M. in the Madison Memorial Hospital! I was amazed at how fast everything went. We came in twice and got sent home and and I got so frustrated! The second time they sent us home I felt like just walking around here and then coming back in...but I didn't. We went home and I "survived" 4 hours of intense contractions that were 2-4 minutes apart. I think the problem was that our little Rosalee was trying to escape the contractions so she would kick and flip-flop around my stomach every time that I had a contraction. Also this is when the back labor kicked in. I had been hoping that I wouldn't have it, but I guess there was just no getting around it.
Anyway, so we came back in at 6 in the morning and I had only dialated 2 more centimeters. I was disappointed at first and then the nurse said that she thought there was a high chance that we would be staying because of the change. Boy did that make my day because of the pain I was experiencing with every contraction.
Anyway, they kept me here and they put me on pitocin. Then Rosalee's heart rate went up pretty high and so they broke my water and put an internal monitor on her. Luckily after they did that it (as in her heart rate) went down and stayed down! 5 hours after I came in at 6...they told me that I was basically ready to push! She is so beautiful and will definitely be a blessing in our lives!
So I have a picture but need to get it off of Adam's phone so it'll be posted later! Sorry you have to wait a little longer!
Yay!! So excited to meet her! Now we need some pictures of this babe :)
ReplyDeleteWoooooo!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Courtney! Can't wait to see your second angel!
ReplyDeleteOh I am sooooo excited! Congrats! Also, I TOTALLY know how you feel with the intense contractions and getting sent home thing! That is what happened to us too! It's awful! Glad she finally decided to come!!!! :-) Love you!
ReplyDelete